Volunteers are the lifeline of St. Vincent Home for Children. For over 160 years, volunteers have helped the organization through challenges, transitions and milestones.
Volunteer individually or with your club, church, company or school. As a volunteer, you can provide friendship to a child, invest your talents as a leader or support us behind the scenes.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
- Through the Decades Trivia Night: 04/16 Afternoon/Evening (Depending on Job). In the afternoon, we’ll need help with setting up and decorations. We need judges for trivia, help with registration, A/V equipment, and energetic folks to sell raffle tickets.
Ongoning Volunteer Opportunities
- Young Friends Committee – YFC is philanthropic group of young professionals dedicated to helping our kids in a variety of ways throughout the year. Ask us how you become a member!
- Visiting Resource – A visiting resource serves as a mentor for one of our residents-providing him or her with a consistent, positive role model. We ask that all visiting resources be at least 21 years of age and meet with the child a minimum of two times per month. They should demonstrate the following attributes: stable lifestyle, self-confidence, emotional maturity and responsible judgment, good general health, ability to be a positive role model, stable employment history, ability to establish and sustain close relationships, no serious emotional or psychological problems and ability to accept responsibility and to follow through. A visiting resource will work within the agency’s policies and guidelines.
- Recreation Volunteers – Adults are invited to participate with the children in outdoor/indoor activities (basketball, soccer, kickball, track and field, etc.) as well as share their talents and hobbies in visual/performing arts.
- Maintenance Volunteer – Help tackle a small but important project around the Home, or provide your talents on an ongoing basis in the areas of gardening, raking, renovation, etc.
For more information on how you can make a difference at St. Vincent Home or to receive a volunteer application packet, call Cammille Nixon at 314-261-6011 Ext. 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Independent sector values volunteer time at $21.79/hour.